This series seeks to explore the normalization of homosexuality in hit shows like "Scandal" and "How to Get Away With Murder" and the biblical response to a "liberated" sexual expression. In this episode we explore whether or not same sex marriage is a big deal. This episode features special guest, author and professor Dr. Sean McDowell.
This episode explores science and sexual orientation. We discuss nature versus nurture, genetics, and scientific research. Can we look to science for help on this issue? This episode features special guest, Biologist Rasheda Likely.
For Further Study:
· Gene linkage
· Genetic and Environmental Influences on Sexual Orientation
· Born Gay pros and cons
· Sexual orientation twin pairs
· Prenatal sex hormones
· Anomalous sexual preference
· Ultimate causation of vertebrate behavior
· Ovarian hormones in differentiation of the brain
· Individual differences in sexual behavior
· Heritable factors that influence sexual orientation
· DNA markers and male sexual orientation
· Parental influence on sexual orientation
· Law morality and sexual orientation
· Genetic and Environmental Influences on Pubertal Timing Assessed by Height Growth
Dr.Preston Sprinkle joins us to discuss the bible and homosexuality. He is an accomplished scholar, author, and Vice President of Eternity Bible College. We discuss some common questions that arise from this topic including:
- Why should we talk about homosexuality if Jesus didn't?
- Was Paul only referring to male prostitution?
- Is the bible really clear on this subject?
- How do we interpret the Old Testament laws, in light of New Testament liberties?
- Why is homosexuality still viewed by many as sinful but eating pork and seafood is not?
Dr. Sprinkle has written several articles on this topic and you can view some of below: